To assist in maintaining your Marble or Granite bench top, tiles or stair treads to their maximum beauty, we offer the following handy hints;
Like any surface, always treat your Marble or Granite surface with respect.
- Do not allow staining type products such as; beetroot, cooking oils, meat fats, fruit juices, wine and coffee or paint, to remain on any surface for any length of time.
- Do not let children play with heavy hammers or metal toys. Be careful when using frying pans or cooking utensils or, moving trolleys that could break, chip or scratch your surface.
- Do not chop food items on your bench top with a meat cleaver or similar. Cutting food items is not a problem however; chopping can break or crack the surface.
- Avoid leaving hot cooking utensils on the surface. Over a period of time, this will cause slight marks on the surface.
- All marble and granite stones are a little porous and stains can penetrate the surface if left for a reasonable periods of time. Wipe away any staining product from the surface as soon as practical. Purchase a quality Granite and Marble stone sealer from your hardware stockist and following the directions on the container; reseal the surface as often as it recommends. A simple wipe over with the sealer is usually all that is necessary.
- Always keep the surface as dry and as clean as possible. Clean it with a normal house hold cleaning solution to keep it looking its absolute best. Treat a Marble surface in the same manner.